Well i need help for my house lately we been having trouble in the neighborhood. Once they broke my dads rear window, couple weeks they slashed our tires and not just us neighbors as well. Then eggs being thrown at at our houses. Just yesterday on my dads truck leaked a lot of oil someone punched the whole through his oil filter. One night i decided to stay up late and heard this bashing on our windows i went outside and pulled full sprint and cought those lil kids and cops came and took care of them. We have one camera but just yesterday we forgot to actually record the the camera we have setup.

I was wondering, how can i setup two camera and have it record into a cassette or computer hard drive. But the problem with my parents is when something happens they want a full screen not a half screen recording. Like the local liquor stores have four cameras and they have four mini screens into one tv but when things go wrong they could only bring that small picture. So when things go wrong with us we want the full screen to look?

How can i set this up, which route survelliance is new to me if theirs a link for the source can you please help me out. thanks

Here are some links to poke around with.

http://scorpiontheater.com/troubleshooting.aspx

http://scorpiontheater.com/htlinks.aspx

What you are asking for can be more expensive then entry level devices.

Imagine carry 10 bags of potatoes. Each potato represents a pixal on your screen. In reality you will need many more bags of potatoes to match your screen.

Now carry all of these bags and walk for one mile. That is how hard the processors are working in DVRs to bring you this picture, and to record the picture. Compression is used to reduce the amount of information to a hard drive, and to send it over the internet.

You do not see it as much nowadays, but not to long ago in the entry level market there were some compressions that were so bad that the video looked "blocky". The video would have squares in it. This is very bad compression. The better the compression the more it costs. This is why you see DVRs with small screens, (or less potatoes to carry).

You can get a full screen. They will take the small screen and then they will "stretch" it to make it fit the whole screen. The video is very pixalated, yet it looked perfect when it was in a smaller size. The higher the design of the DVR, the better these problems are resolved.

Are you ready to spend $3000, and $4000 for a DVR? I did not think so.

Here is where you need to come up with a budget for what you are willing to spend. There are many machines in your budget.

You can have perfect pictures, but it will give you screen shots rather than moving video like a DVD. You can have moving pictures like a DVD, but it may have some degration in the video. You can also lower the FPS (Frames Per Second) to save more information on your hard drive.

15 FPS will look like a DVD, and you will not notice that it is not at 30FPS.

Now your selection gets harder. your budget will dictate your selection mostly though. Good luck!

What do you think?