Erock509

Anyone have experience with these?

The Atrix DVCCMNV848 - Infared Weatherproof Vari-Focal Bullet Camera. They are going to be used for personal home security.

Opinions or comments would be great, thanks.

I actually just received these and come to find out they didn't come with any mounting hardware. I guess it won't be hard to get some screws and washers but even the manual states it come with. Plus these things are huge! Everyone and their brother can see these things from a mile away. Now I'm not to sure if i should keep them or not. My choice boiled down to price and quality for the price, these seemed the best I could find. I researched a ton of sites and finally just went with the above. I have no problem returning them but would really appreciate any insight in this matter, or some recommendations for these or other cameras. Thanks

I have never used this camera so I cannot give any advice, good, or bad.

I was curious why you needed 100 feet of IR?

I notice that the lens does not match the IR throw.

That's way too many LEDs for a close/mid range lens. I'd expect that you will find that the LEDs washout anything near the camera. If you otherwise like the camera, you can probably open the case and cut some of the LEDs.

Well I'm new to this so I did as much research and searching as I could. For whatever reason, I thought the more LED's the better picture at night, as my street has no lights. The more I think about it, I'm probably going to return them. For one, they are way to big and from what you guys stated it sounds like I don't need that style.

Could you please recommend a camera that would suffice for the setup I need. I will be starting with a 3 camera steup, 2 on on the the front right and left side of my house and 1 in the rear. The front to will be pointing to my driveway where the vehicles are and hopefully get a shot of the front door area. The rear camera will be on either side of the house, haven't figured out which yet, but will be pointing to my porch area that leads to my back door. I'm guessing the front distances will be approx 50ft max or so and the rear about the same.

I would like a good quality camera but cost comes into play also. So I am willing to spend approx $125 per camera. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

You are going to need a 100 foot IR throw!

You are going to need a vari focal lens that can get you up on you target area that you want to watch.

At a minimum you will need a 12 mm lens.

Here is another one I found and I have a friend that uses this too. Just looking at my options.

Golden State Instruments GS-602-IRCW Color Bullet Camera - 6mm lens