Jordan.Misner

Looking for a decent DVR Supplier.

Aight, so here's the deal;

I work for a security company who's just rising from their ashes. Most of our stuff is all foot/mobile patrolling for some local stuff, nothing too large. Anyways, with some pretty big ideals in mind; we're looking to get into some DVR sort of stuff. Obviously expanding our operations, and I'll be the man to take heed of the IT Department (Which will be the installing, maintaining, blah blah... I'm sure you don't need the life story.)

So, after giving Google a quick shot, I was looking for some decent DVR Suppliers (preferably within Canada.) But, I only see "Quotes" or "Price Per Month." Which isn't doing me any good.

I'm looking for a supplier I can buy the equipment from, and leave it at that. I don't want to pay them to monitor for me, I don't want to pay them to maintain it for me, I just want to buy the stuff, have myself and my crew install, and monitor from my own computer.

Currently one of the contracts I maintain is DVR Monitoring from a remote computer, which is definitely Ideal (Obviously, most DVR's can be accessed via IP/DNS addresses, so that's not a big deal.) I just need someone who's either had some Experience in this field, or with a supplier, that can give me a push in the right direction.

Much appreciated.

-Jordan.

Edited by Guest

Aight, so here's the deal;

I work for a security company who's just rising from their ashes. Most of our stuff is all foot/mobile patrolling for some local stuff, nothing too large. Anyways, with some pretty big ideals in mind, and some cash to burn, we're looking to get into some DVR sort of stuff. Obviously expanding our operations, and I'll be the man to take heed of the IT Department (Which will be the installing, maintaining, blah blah... I'm sure you don't need the life story.)

So, after giving Google a quick shot, I was looking for some decent DVR Suppliers (preferably within Canada.) But, I only see "Quotes" or "Price Per Month." Which isn't doing me any good.

I'm looking for a supplier I can buy the equipment from, and leave it at that. I don't want to pay them to monitor for me, I don't want to pay them to maintain it for me, I just want to buy the stuff, have myself and my crew install, and monitor from my own computer.

Currently one of the contracts I maintain is DVR Monitoring from a remote computer, which is definitely Ideal (Obviously, most DVR's can be accessed via IP/DNS addresses, so that's not a big deal.) I just need someone who's either had some Experience in this field, or with a supplier, that can give me a push in the right direction.

Much appreciated.

-Jordan.

What part of Canada ?

I am in Alberta