froghat

What camera will do this?

I'm looking for a camera that I can place above my front door, can detect movement and start recording, when it's finished it emails me and allows me to watch the clip on my IPHONE. I'm not even sure if this is possbile, but if it is, what are cameras that can do this? Thanks in advance!

You can't do this with just a camera. You'll need a dvr to capture and store the video from the camera. Most (all?) dvrs will record on motion detect and most will send an email when they see motion. Mine (geovision) includes a still image from the camera, with no option to email a movie file.

"motion" here can mean changing lighting, clouds going by, cats prowling, birds, bugs, rain, and occasionally people.

Dunno. I don't use IP cameras. A quick google says maybe the Axis 207MW. You'll have to read the specs to figure out if it'll work for you.

You can't do this with just a camera. You'll need a dvr to capture and store the video from the camera.

Dunno. I don't use IP cameras.

Well, for somebody who doesnt know, you sure were quick to claim that it cant be done with just a camera

These two cameras come to mind right away when i think of inexpensive cameras solutions that will do what you requested, but panasonic also makes some, too. And I'm sure there are others.

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1175239651656&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=5165686883B01

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1175229403526&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=0352686883B01

You can't do this with just a camera. You'll need a dvr to capture and store the video from the camera.

Dunno. I don't use IP cameras.

Well, for somebody who doesnt know, you sure were quick to claim that it cant be done with just a camera

Yes, in my defense, I'll say that an IP camera isn't "just a camera".

OTOH, it took me one google to answer the question partially.

mobotix. checkout the m12 for day and night.. run it back via cat5e to your home router - buy the poe injector that plugs into the wall to power the camera. if you use comcast they give you a static ip with your cable modem. you can put a 16gb sd card in the camera and it will store video on the camera - depending on your settings you can get from 1 day to a week. you can set the camera to email you a 10second clip of the event - motion -

1 camera that can email you video of someone at your door... if you want to move beyond that you can have the door bell trigger the recording instead of motion but motion will be fine... also the camera has 2 way audio built in so now you can talk to the person from you office at your front door and hear what they have to say - sounds fun right

it is not a good idea to install a camera with function of motion detect outdoor,you will receive the messages all the times and less of them are useful

Just be sure to mask the areas of no interest for motion. Pointed down right in front of the door won't give too much disturbing motion.