ddogg777

System design question (Avermedia, Panasonic wv cameras)

Hi everyone! I have a quick question regarding camera controls.

I have a AverDigi NV5000 in my server and two Pany WV-cw963 outdoor cameras. I am able to use the ptz controls with just the avermedia DVR software, but I want to get into the individual camera setup menus and hook up some motion sensors directly to the cameras so that they can sweep to triggered locations. I know that I will need a camera controller such as the wv-cu360c, but do I also need a multiplexor and/or other expensive components just so that I can communicate with the cameras?

no you don't need anything other than the PTZ controller.............

and, I have seen some PTZ software that you can use to cntrol the PTZ from a PC as if it were a PTZ controller........older one I used to use was called ptzpreset.exe I have not done it this way for awhile. If you do use software you need to have a better understanding for the standard PTZ controll signalling so you can enter the PTZ Menu to program it. I used to "bang" preset #1 twice in a row to get into the Menu settings.......from there it was up, down, left, right, and ect. to setup the PTZ.

I also used some wirless I/O radio's that allowed me to setup the motion detectors at distances out to 3000ft. I believe I posted a thread here on it last year............do a search to see you you can find it. Has the info on the manufacture, ect.

Wouldn't you need the Panasonic WJ-MP204C Data Multiplexer also? I know I needed one for my WV-CU360C system controller, but that was with the EB1304 NET

in general most PTZ's connect to a DVR and are run. The 1304NET does not have a PTZ data, but the 1304NETSATA does. So, if your using a 1304NET, yes you have to control the PTZ by other means.

So... 'up-the-coax' H/W such as the WV-CU360C system controller and WJ-MP204C are not always needed. Interesting.

Will DVR's like the ones mentioned above (NV5000 and 1304NETSATA), also access cam setup menus of fixed Panasonic cams like the WV-CP484?

no they won't go into the menu's of the PTZ's.................I use a PTZ controller to set them up.

I am NOT familiar with your equipment. I am speakinh from a perspective of a industry standard, not a special equipment config dependant on other things to work. The "standard" is a simple PTZ data control connection on the DVR or via a PC COMport device.

ah ok. To the OP above, you WILL need a WJ-MP204C Data MUX then with a WV-CU360C system controller to access the cam setup menus... unless you have a system controller like the WV-CU161C (which is outdated IIRC). Not sure on the new Panasonic system controllers though.

Someone correkt me if I am wrong though, but I am pretty sure the above is true.

The WVCU360C controller is not capable of direct camera control. The WVCU161 is however it is cheaper to simply get a WVCU360C and a WJMP204C - not to mention it will allow control of 4 rather than 1 PTZ.