paranoid

Connecting the audio card to the gv 800 ??

Hi all,

I am building my gv 800 pc right now and have a slight problem, the audio extension card has 2 cables :

1 goes to a shaped 4 pin port on the gv 800 card, it cannot fit anywhere else so it has to be right.

2 is a small 2 pin female connector and I cannot work out if it should be used or not ?

The manual only covers an audio connection for a gv 600, and it only shows 1 cable........

Any help would be great as ive got everything ready to go on my workshop table

Im guessing you're using one of the older V2 cards. I think the 2 pin female connector is for the watchdog function, look it up in the GV manual, it'll tell you how to set it up. There is only one 4 pin audio cable which you pointed out correctly.

On the V3 cards however, all audio and video connections come of the Dsub connector.

Once again thanks for the prompt reply.

Its a V3 card and I have already looked at the manual for watchdog connection and it shows the watchdog cable coming from the gv card itself and not the audio card. There are only 2 cables supplied with the whole 'kit' and both are plugged into the audio card.

The audio connector I have used is a 5 pin white connector with a chamfered edge.

I would like to use the watchdog function and feel maybe this cable should not have been plugged into the audio card - J6. This is exactly how it was supplied.

Any further info would be great

Sorry, cant help you any further. All the V3 cards we buy use a Dsub connector, and it has a fly lead with all the video and audio cables. The second cable may connect to the Mboard, like a CD drive would have?

No worries mate.

Im going to leave this cable tied up and phone the supplier in the morning.

Cheers for your help, this is a great forum

Well ive found the watchdog cable, it was buried in the antic static bag and I couldn't see it

I think your right and this spare audio card cable is either an spdif / mobo audio or maybe for connection to another gv card.

I will let you guys know in the morning.