thewireguys

New Axis HDTV network camera !!!

The one thing you forgot is AXIS is on their 6th and 7th generation IP Cameras and all the other guy's are on generation 1 or 2.

Great point!!! And that is why we use alot of Axis products. I am not saying they make a camera for every situation but they make a very good product and they are a head of the curve.

Show me anther company that has the features, image quality and support that Axis does and I will use there cameras.

Do you know that Axis does not have a repair department? If you ever have to send a camera back you get a new camera not a refurb.

This is a game changer!!!

http://www.axis.com/products/cam_q1755/index.htm

I have a demo video. It is the best video I have ever seen from a cctv camera ever!!

Well, then you have seen very little amount of megapixel CCTV videos

HD - marketing trick and it doesnt cost 1500$ but 700$.

Cant see any reason this camera to be special.

I have talked to every major NVR software developer in our quest to find the best software for our customers. When I talk to their developers and tech support, I ask them "off the record" what cameras do they recommend, everyone says Axis. Their sales guys will try and sell me ACTi or Arecont and the developers and support say stick with Axis.

The only other camera that was recommended from one developer was IQvision

And by the way I have demoed or installed cameras from every major manufacture.

Do any of you guys get into some of the custom scripting and http commands in your installs?

Show me some video from the best image quality you have seen from a cctv/ip/mega camera.

But unless you have a pan/tilt on the camera as well, you can only zoom on one fixed point. Limited usefulness.

How about never having to climb up a ladder focus or zoom a camera ever again

But unless you have a pan/tilt on the camera as well, you can only zoom on one fixed point. Limited usefulness.

How about never having to climb up a ladder focus or zoom a camera ever again

With very, very few exceptions (maybe 0.1%) the only times I've had to re-zoom or re-focus a camera (ladder or not), it's been as a result of first needing to re-aim the camera.

Power-zoom/auto-focus analog cameras have long been available as well, at an additional cost for those functions... it's never been useful enough to us to be worth that cost. I put one in for a customer once, because he insisted on it... he changed the zoom twice, just because he could, and ended up with it back at the original setting I gave it, and hasn't touched it since.

Again, it's a gimmick that serves limited real-world purpose without also having pan/tilt.