Arockerdude

GeoVison Video Dark Compared To Live View?

I have a Geovision 800 system. I use a Samsung SyncMaster 940mw as my computer monitor and I am using Pelco Day/Night cameras. Today I split my camera number one cord into two at the Geovision Dongle input, and hooked the split cord to a Mintek 32" inch LCD.

Now here is my question. Why is the video displayed on the Mintek LCD much, much brighter than the video coming out of the Geovision?

It seems to me it may have been brighter with the old Geovision software.

If I adjust the gain or brightness control on the Geovision I can make it brighter. But the next day everything is too bright and I have to turn the gain and or brightness back down. Any Suggestions? Thanks Dave

You need a splitter/amplifier, if you want to do that , the signal is split in half , but the tv. will take the most signal as it is first in line.

You can buy 1/2/4/8/or 16 port splitter/amplifiers.

You need a splitter/amplifier, if you want to do that , the signal is split in half , but the tv. will take the most signal as it is first in line.

You can buy 1/2/4/8/or 16 port splitter/amplifiers.

Do You have some pic. of that spliter or some spec.?

They are both oem. but should be available from video / dvr card ect. supplier.

Also known as "Video Distributor"

1634424095_1to2.._4to8.JPG.cb5de647558443bd4904e1e700614074.JPG

Geo cards are notorious for this. Most devices have an automatic 75 ohm termination resistor that activates/deactivates as devices are looped through it. Geo has the resistors, but no way to switch them. If you look at a GV800-16 card, you will see a bank of 16 75ohm resistors. **** Now - I haven't done this myself personally yet, but I am going to test removing one of those resistors to see if my picture brightens up. Will let you know how it works out...