Mr.B.

Help w/ Pinout Ultrak Camera to Samsung monitor

I need to find the correct pinout for my Ultrak camera. My company just bought a sansung monitor on e-bay and left it to me to make the thing work. What I thought was a pinout issue seems to be correct. I got the correct samsung pinout (RJ11) from this forum.

pin1 alarm+

pin2 video+

pin3 GND

pin4 GND

pin5 audio+

pin6 12v+

I need to find out if anyone knows the correct pinout from my Ultrak color camera.

Thanks in advance.

SSC14WEB

If this is the SAMSUNG monitor system that you have then you will need cameras with a different pin out.

You will be wanting SOD14 Cameras

looking at the back of the camera with the metal prongs down, and the clip on the top side then left is one, and right is 6

1 Speaker +

2 Video Out

3 Ground

4 Speaker -

5 Audio out / Alarm out

6 12 Volt DC

http://www.samsung-security.com/docs/manuals/SSC-14WEB.pdf

http://scorpiontheater.com/samsung.aspx

What is the pinout that you are describing?? Is this the pinout of the camera you have on hand??

NOTE:

These systems are no longer being sold at Costco, Sam's Club, and other places.

Products will only be supported by Samsung as a technical issue, and no product repair, or replacement will be provided.

I carry all of the items neccessary to continue operating your system.

We also have break out cables so that you can connect BNC cameras to your SSC14WEB, but in all honesty the prices are ridiculous, and if you are an electronics tinkerer, and you can come up with your own solution then we highly suggest it.

Cat 5 and 6 pin 6 connductor connectors can be used to make your own cables. You can cut two of the eight wires to make your cables.