banny_1982

arecont vision quality

hi, I'm relatively new to this, I have been using mostly appro lc-7222 box cameras wich seem to be a great deal for around 200-250$ the quality being more than ok. However for the sake of keeping up with technology I decided to test an arecon vision av3100m 3 megapixel camera. I am using a computar 5mm 1/2" lens, but the images I get (indoors) are nowhere near the quality of the downloads they have available on their website. Those look like real HDTV footage, mine are alot less sharp, plus there's clearly visible noise. I tried all available settings, can't seem to find any shutter speed settings so I could lower the shutter speed for less noise. At current settings the image quality just doesn't justify the price of this camera. I am located in Romania an I get theese wholesale for $800 and the appros for $250... Please if anyone has some tips, maybe this camera works best with a diffrent lens setup or diffrent lighting conditions. Oh and another thing, it always seems dark, whether I use auto exposure on or off, with the lens iris opened all the way...

which arecont do you have?

Ya know, I've heard this statement about Arecont cameras more than once. Yes I use them and yes I agree, the advertisement is better than the actual. Why is that Arecont? I'd like to hear why from Arecont?

But, I know that I use DVR A, and many others use DVR's B, C, D, ect. So, the quality of the pic can be effected by the DVR, monitor used, ect.

So, Arecont needs to explain the impressive pics..........all this wondering is wrong, especially with the amount of money spent for 1 cam.

I think megapixel technology is just not cost effective yet, so they are taking alot of shortcuts to have these cameras available at somewhat competitive price. Their footage might be done with a lens that's twice the price of the camera, but I don't see any way you could pitch this camera to any customer. This camera should have a huge WOW-effect for the price! Lens included it's as much as a sony speeddome with 15x zoom. I'll take that or 3 decent non-megapixel IP cameras over this anyday.

VST_man

I'm accessing the camera directly through LAN, with quality set to maximum, I know it's not a network isuue, the bandwidth meter shows plenty of free bandwith, I've tried diffrent lighting levels but the image still shows alot of noise... How do you manage to get rid of that?

hi, I'm relatively new to this, I have been using mostly appro lc-7222 box cameras wich seem to be a great deal for around 200-250$ the quality being more than ok. However for the sake of keeping up with technology I decided to test an arecon vision av3100m 3 megapixel camera. I am using a computar 5mm 1/2" lens, but the images I get (indoors) are nowhere near the quality of the downloads they have available on their website. Those look like real HDTV footage, mine are alot less sharp, plus there's clearly visible noise. I tried all available settings, can't seem to find any shutter speed settings so I could lower the shutter speed for less noise. At current settings the image quality just doesn't justify the price of this camera. I am located in Romania an I get theese wholesale for $800 and the appros for $250... Please if anyone has some tips, maybe this camera works best with a diffrent lens setup or diffrent lighting conditions. Oh and another thing, it always seems dark, whether I use auto exposure on or off, with the lens iris opened all the way...

1.Use Arecont Soft

2. Your Shutter speed settings are

High Speed ( between 1 and 80 ms)

Speed short exposure time of 10 ms, but under low

light conditions may increase the exposure up to 80 ms

Balanced enables medium-duration exposures of 20 ms, but

under low light conditions may increase the exposure up to

80 ms

Quality longer exposures of 40 ms, but under low

light conditions may increase the exposure up to 200 ms

Moon Light enables very long exposures up to 500 ms