G22

Decent Quad CRT Monitor

I have a Panasonic WJ-HD316 DVR, and am looking for a decent Quad CRT Monitor w/ BNC inputs, so I can have an unmolested live view of at least 4 main cams (either quad-screen or single camera views), in addition to any monitors I use on the BNC, VGA, or S-VIDEO outputs for playback/alarm views. I would use the BNC loop outs of the DVR. I prefer not to use an additional piece of HW like a MUX.

On a related note with the WJ-HD316 in testing so far...

Video display on a Panasonic CRT monitor via the BNC output is great (but not as good as the direct Camera->CRT monitor view obviously). However, the graphics of the live screen and setup menus is poor. Flickers a lot, especially on the edges of graphics.

Video display on an old VGA monitor is worse than above (washed out look). However, the graphics of live view and setup menus are perfect.

Video display on a computer LCD monitor via the VGA output is the worst of all. The graphics of live view/setup menus are much better than the CRT, but worse than the VGA monitor.

I have not tried the S-VIDEO output yet though, as the CRT monitor has an S-VIDEO input.