iamomeed

Hard drive question im a noob sorry

hi,

i was wondering if i have to format my hard drive first before i instal it into my dvr or do i simply plug it in and thats it. sorry im a noob!

thanks

My situation is that I've aquired my DVR system second hand and it does not have any documentation with it, and there is no model number written on the DVR. It a generic DVR with 8 ch input and no harddrives and a cd burner.

when i boot the system it loads automatically to the security software. I'm pretty sure it is not windows based, i havenot seen any windows logo on startup.

hi,

i was wondering if i have to format my hard drive first before i instal it into my dvr or do i simply plug it in and thats it. sorry im a noob!

Some dvrs make be different but more cases you just install the new HD and format it throught your dvr.

All hard drives are not created equal. Make sure you get a DVR-rated hard drive (Seagate makes an entire line of drives specifically for DVRs, and I've had good luck with them).

hi,

Some dvrs make be different but more cases you just install the new HD and format it throught your dvr.

Thanks, thats what I needed to know

All hard drives are not created equal. Make sure you get a DVR-rated hard drive (Seagate makes an entire line of drives specifically for DVRs, and I've had good luck with them).

thanks i ordered one off newegg todays