Sign in to follow this  
BigLebowski

GV-800 frame rates

hi there

I'm looking at buying a GV-800 120fps card.

I see they come in 4, 8 and 16 cam versions. I assume (?) that the 8 and 16 cam version is 1 card plus either one or two extender cards. If this is the case, I suspect the max frame rate will drop as the base card is extended. Is this true? ie Will I only get 120/16 fps max for the 16 channel card?

Since the 8 channel card is almost double the price of the 4 channel card, if the max frame rate is halved then it seems sensible to simply buy two x 4 channel cards.

Any thoughts please?

Cheers

Dude

Hi!

You are quite right that the frame rate will drop!

But at the moment you can not use 2 X GV-800/4, this will be possible when software V8.3 is released.

But if your budget allow it I would then look at the GV-1240/8 card which gives you 200 FPS @ CIF recording resolution as well as overlay on the preview.

JD

hi there

I'm looking at buying a GV-800 120fps card.

I see they come in 4, 8 and 16 cam versions. I assume (?) that the 8 and 16 cam version is 1 card plus either one or two extender cards. If this is the case, I suspect the max frame rate will drop as the base card is extended. Is this true? ie Will I only get 120/16 fps max for the 16 channel card?

Since the 8 channel card is almost double the price of the 4 channel card, if the max frame rate is halved then it seems sensible to simply buy two x 4 channel cards.

Any thoughts please?

Cheers

Dude