erkme73

Motion tracking setup problems (PTZ)

Using Kodicom 4400 w/4.13 p8. All has been working well for the last few years. Recently I jumped for a PTZ (PELCO-D).

I can manually move and zoom without any issues. However, the "Motion tracking setup" tab will not allow me to "enable" any cameras. The drop-down box is empty.

After doing some digging, it appears that the software only supports NIKO cameras - and if I choose the NK-97 SD in the hardware setup tab, I can then select the camera. But, then I can't control it.

I can't imagine that I'm the only one asking this question, but I couldn't find any other posts on the issue.

• - Is there an .ini hack that would get the software to think the camera is a NIKO but still control via PELCO-D standard?
    - Will an upgrade to the 5.X software fix this issue?
    - Are there any other workarounds that would let me use the auto tracking feature?

I also have a few other PTZ related questions...

1. 1) After setting specific 'targets' on the PTZ viewing screen, clicking on each one will move the camera to the pre-set position. It will not remember the zoom setting. This means, if you're zoomed in and then click on a preset target, the zoom level stays. Is there a way for Kodicom to 'return to default zoom'?
    2) If I'm able to get the motion tracking to work, is there a way to have it zoom in on the target automatically?
    3) I have not been able to get the 'Auto Pan', 'Point 1', or 'Point 2' to work. Clicking the 'Point' one will start the camera spinning 360° on the second click. It will stop spinning if I click it two more times. Can't quite figure these out. Anyone have pointers?
    4) The functions buttons seem to to have different values based on the model camera chosen under hardware setup. The most limited feature set seems to be the only one that will work (PELCO-D) with my camera. Are there any other 'models' that might work with more features?
    5) Are there any better, more PTZ user-friendly DVR card/PC systems out there than the Kodicom? I saw a few on-line that let you draw a box around an area of interest on the screen, and the camera zooms in on the contents of the box. That seems much easier than the clicking of cursors with a mouse.
    6) Are there any keyboard shortcuts for camera controls?

Sorry for the noob questions, but this PTZ stuff is really cool! The only downside is I'm seriously considering changing more of my stationary cameras to PTZ and I can't justify it $-wise.