fas

Nuvico CB-HD2N-L vs CPcam CPC 375

I have an upcoming job where I need 25 feet of ir coverage and a close to high res image. I normally use Nuvico cameras, however I noticed the CPcam model has similar specs and was wondering if anyone out there has used both and if so how is the quality of the CPcam vs the Nuvico? Will the CPcam last as long as a Nuvico? If they are similar in image and quality, and last about the same amount of time I would give the Cpcam cameras a try.

Hey Fas -

Speaking from experience, that CPcam stuff is absolute crap. Poor warranty, NO/ZERO support. Given NUVICO's recent growth and huge product development roadmap, I'd stick with them... they're definitely the next big hitter up and coming in the industry.

At 25' range, I would consider NUVICO's CV-SD21N-L, which has 36 IRs, 2.8-10mm lens, adjustable IR intensity, TDN, and on-screen programming. It's a weatherproof vandal dome housing.

My .02... QUITE a camera!

cctv queer? What does that name mean? Thanks for the recommendation, but although the camera you mention is great and I have used it, it is WAY out of the budget for this job. And I don't need support I just need a 1 year warranty which it has. I was just wondering if the Nuvico bullet is that much superior, because it does cost substantially more when you need over 20 cameras.

i have used the CBHD2L on several occassions. one thing i noticed about this camera, is that it doesn't do great against even a small amount of light glare. other than that, it does a great job. picture quality is good.