cardigon

6 mini-din to bnc

My cameras' plug ends are 6 mini-din and my monitor went out. I had to buy a different one and the only one that was reasonably priced has bnc only. I went ahead and bought it thinking there was some way to convert the mini-din to bnc but I can't find anything about it. I know nothing about cctv and my first inclanation was to cut the mini-dins off and replace them with twist on bnc's. Will this not work? if not what can I do to adapt mini-din to bnc? And if there is an adapter where can I buy them?

hey cardigon,

unfortunately you can't cut the DIN cable and twist on a BNC connector as each of these connectors have different cable requirements. here's an item that was recommended to me and this or something similar might suit your needs:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&sku=589906&Q=&is=REG&A=details

having only BNC connectors on the back of your monitor this type of adapter would provide power to the camera.

being that the above item is a Lorex brand adapter it may have (most likey has) a proprietary pinout on the female mini DIN connector and may not match up to non-Lorex cameras with the same 6 pin connector type. you might check with the camera's manufacturer for a similar item.

cheers

cheers,

tom