I had an old flat panel monitor and it looked like crap so i switched it out for a crt which gave a great picture.

I hooked the flat panel up as a spot monitor out of the dvr and it still looked ****ty.

then i hooked it up to the out on the crt and the picture became alot better, anybody know why this happens?

i would think a direct line from the dvr would look better, but running it through the crt first made it look better.

A difficult question. Under normal circumstances, there should be no difference since you are feeding it the same analog video either way. Perhaps there is an issue with termination? If the LCD is not terminating the signal and the CRT is, or if they are both terminating the signal, that might explain the difference.

CRT's does not matter what resolution it inputs, it will still look good. However if the resolution of the output of the DVR does not match the native resolution of the LCD then your image will look terrible unless you have one of those high end up converting LCDs.

CRT's does not matter what resolution it inputs, it will still look good. However if the resolution of the output of the DVR does not match the native resolution of the LCD then your image will look terrible unless you have one of those high end up converting LCDs.

This is the truth. You can test this on your computer if you want to see what he's talking about. Start cycling through the different resolutions your video card can provide, and you'll notice that some of them look nice and sharp, while others look fuzzy/blurry/jagged.

Almost all LCDs have a sweet spot in terms of resolution. Get much outside that, and everything looks bad.