kingo110

problems with infrared camera

i have a 4 channel dvr setup with 2 cameras attached , i have been using this for around 6 months with no problems until now, one of the cameras works fine during the day but as it starts to get dark the picture becomes rippled, wavey, how ever the infra red seems to be working fine, and if i unplug the power to the camera and reconnect the pictur is fine for around 10 min. i have tried swapping leads over etc but still the same problem,and as the daylight comes the camera works fine, any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

Try this first. Move the connection at the DVR, and see if the problem moves to another channel input also. If the problem moves, then it is the camera, and not the DVR. I have had this problem on cameras I used in the past, mostly the cheaper models. The Light Sensor ( if attached) was causing the problem, as it was not switching from Color to B/W easily. My problem was a camera defect, as I had several different models for test purposes, on the same DVR. Let us know.

thanks for the reply mate , yes the problem still persists when i switch to a different channel, so i will take your advice and try another camera as i have two spare , i will change it on saturday and will let you know the outcome.

btw these are cheapo cameras of e bay from china , i hope your right as this has been doing my head in for a week now, thanks