david248005

Urgent help required please. I've ct a svhs cable by mistake

Hi all

I'm relatively inexperienced with cctv. Computer tech to trade but it's not helping me here!

I was replacing a camera in an existing installation. Set up is 4 old cameras using shhs cables going to an old ganz monitor. This is then linked to a dvdr mpeg 4 recorder with coax. 2 new cameras direct to thA dvr with cat5 and baluns. The dvr recorder linked to a new lcd screen.

A second monitor upstairs mirroring the old ganz monitor

i was replacing one of the old svhs cameras with a new model. I have connected this up with cst 5 and baluns directly to the dvr.

However I have cut the svhs cable which connects to the monitot upstairs by mistake. it seemed to be spliced into a coax cable buit God knows how as I've stipped the cable. I forgot where it was plugged into but I think it may have been the call monitor on the dvr unit. Is there anyway to connect the svhs cable that I cut to a coac cable ? It is a large distance going thru 3 floors so I don't reallyw ant to run new cable. if I did have to could I run cat5?

Confusing I know but I'm totally lost here. Any help would be appreciated

I am not sure I fully understand your set-up. But if you are asking if a S-Video (S-VHS as you call it) can be replaced with coax, the answer is yes. But you need two of them. One carries the black and white signal and the other color. If you only have one coax, you can use that but you lose color.