merc280

how to improve bad resolution

I have setup a dedicated pc with the GV800 on it with one audio line and 4 cameras in a convenience store. when ever I use the remote view and try seeing the cameras from my house, the picture comes out really blurry when i expand the screen.

Is there anyway to improve the quality of the picture and is there anyway i could expand the screen to show all four of the cameras on the screen stretched to fit the size of the monitor, because right now i only see 4 small windows and have to double click on each one to get it to get bigger. Is there anyway to see all four of them fit to the screen?

I also have a problem with the audio line sounding unclear and lots of distortion. Is there anyway to improve the sound to make it sound clearer?

In the web server setup (under the network server menu), set the video->Max Image size to "Actual Size". You are still limited to 720x480 if you are using analog cameras. Nothing is going to make those look good at full screen on a modern PC.

I don't know anything about the sound setup, so I can't help there.

I look at the remote video as a convience and am usually counting on the video recorded on the server as the best possible if I have to look at any detail. We have had some audio problems and mostly it was due to the microphones being set with too much gain. It is best if you can set up the audio in your shop and test it there as we have had to try a bunch of different settings etc. Louroue makes a microphone/ preamp/power supply specifically for dvrs it more expensive than a simple hi gain mircophone but it works.