cctv_down_under

GV IP Cameras and Resolution

I have the extensive list of Geo supported IP cameras, however the ones Geo make only go to 1.3MP, is this a software limitation, IE is that the largest MP you can do on a Geovision and if not which products have people tried, I would prefer Aricont, JVC or Panasonic...any the largets MP that Geo will support will be great.

Ok, so after some research I have found the following.

Geo does support larger resolutions, however I dont know exactly what sizes...by checking the downloadable Remote Playback client, it seems it can go to 1900x1200, however that would be the entire GUI.....therefore the frame for the video may not be that large as you need to leave room on the screen for the rest of the GUI.

JVC is out as they only go to 1.3MP....Axis is out becasue it all CMOS and the lighting conditions there will be too harsh...so that leaves Arecont...funny thing is the only lenses I can find for the Arecont devices are 4mm at the widest and I think the scene I will need will need to be wider than that.

So the questions are ...

1/ What is the max resolution supported via IP for Geovision

2/ What is the list of supported IP MP cameras ONLY..that list is far too long to troll through every single one.

3/ What have people tested thus far?

4/ Do the Geo MP cams come with or without lens?

More qtns....wow you guys usually jump right in?

1/ Does the Geo vandal dome IP camera have Auto Iris

2/ I am trying to work out the available IP res, IE when you down load remote log you can choose a large resolution, but I am assuming that is not the entire resoltuion that a camera can have as room for a GUI is needed?