cp4874

more than 600 meter video transmission over coaxial

Hi Mates

We have at hand a CCTV project which would need cable run of over 600 meters. I dont think fibre optics would not be possible considering the cost factor.

what is the maximum distance I can have a cable run using RG11 coaxial cable.

What are options of using video amplifiers along with RG11 so that we could get video signals without loss.

Thanks & Regards

CP

RG59/U @ up to 750 feet (228 meters)

RG6/U @ up to 1,500 feet (457 meters)

RG11/U @ 1,800 feet or more (548 meters)

I agree, considering the price of RG11U (over $2.00 per foot vs. $.10 per foot for RG59U), you would be better off using UTP. At that distance you would need to have at least one end active (Tx or RX).

Hi Mates

We have at hand a CCTV project which would need cable run of over 600 meters. I dont think fibre optics would not be possible considering the cost factor.

what is the maximum distance I can have a cable run using RG11 coaxial cable.

What are options of using video amplifiers along with RG11 so that we could get video signals without loss.

Thanks & Regards

CP

Hi CP,

600meters, you may get video without loss by using amp over cable, but what about the EMI?

I don't understand what you mean it is possiable or impossiable to transmit over fiber.The cost of SM/MM fiber is very cheap, and what you need is only the Tx & Rx.

Let me know your requirements, maybe i can quote you a consideriable price with our reliable products.

our website: www . vadsys . com

Joe