noreason

Parking Lot - Help me capture theifs and vandals

After a few cars have been vandalized in our parking lot I have decided that our current setup isn't working how I planned. The system was thrown together with a small budget as a "better than nothing" approach.

We are running Geovision GV-1480 for the DVR and the parking lot is monitored with a single Bosch Autodome G3 which almost covers the entire lot but simply does not do the job well enough.

One incident was captured, but of course, the subject was blurred to the point that it might as well have not been captured at all.

So bottom line, I would like to redo the system with some new cameras. My question would simply be, as I am sure everyone hears it a lot here, what are some suggested cameras/tactics to tackle this so the next time someone breaks something, I can do my best at capturing it on camera.

Thanks for the time.

What is the size of the parking lot? Is there light at night?

Best,

Christopher

The lot holds about 50 cars unfortunately i do not know the physical dimensions. There is decent lighting at night although not the the best, the G3 works solid with the current lighting.