TheStig

Law Enforcement/Defence/Insurance work for court - UK

Hello all, Im new to this forum and would like to hear from anyone who carries out this type of work. I Have a great deal of experience in the CCTV field from retreival to court presentations in Scotland. Im thinking of setting up on my own to work mainly for defence solicitors and insurance companies doing work such as analogue and digital conversion. Anyone think this is a good idea????

Suggestions and comments please

Not sure, it would depend on you being able to get the insurance companies and lawyers etc first to know about you, then to trust you.

Then there would have to be enough work to make it a viable business.

You would also need lots of experience, software and equipment, as you could be taking on jobs ranging from obsure timelapsed, and multiplexed video to a huge range of different dvrs.

There could be damage to the dvr, so you would need to know how to extract the files from each one, or spares for repairing.

Plus knowlegde of the different codecs etc if needed to play the files, and probably a load of equipment so you can play tapes recorded on different setups.

Thanks for the reply, The equipment I have in mind for multiplexed tapes is intellimux which isnt that expensive, i have been using it for a while and not had a problem if you know the make of the orighinal multiplexer. I already have a lot of software for DVR, The thing i found with DVR's is that everything players on different players however again its not too bad if you know the system that it came from. As for extracting data from the DVR's, i pretty much think im an expert in that field and certainly a leader in scotland, as i said if bieng doing it for a while now, just not for defence of insurance companies????