MNarctic

Need Moving Mounted Wireless Camera

I have a customer that needs to mount a wireless camera to a piece of manufacturing equipment. The camera needs to pick up a image 6' away or less and can be permanently focused on spot.

I am unable to get wires to the device that moves but do have AC and DC power available. The device moves on a straight track up to 200' and is a very smooth motion and really does not need to provide a picture until the device stops at the end of the run. The lengths of the runs very. There is currently 2 Linksys G-Band WAPs already in the MFG area.

I figured for that distance a clear picture should be easy to find. I demo'ed a TrendNet IP-100w. Cheap I know, but thought it would work. I am unhappy about picture clarity. Are all the network cameras so digitally "blocky"?

I could also use a network camera hooked to a separate WAP if it does not come wireless.

I also need one camera in a high heat environment. The camera will be close to a heat source for viewing for about 1-2 minutes, then moved away. I have the ability to mfg a aluminum enclosure and feed with air pressure to keep it cool if needed. Anything that will be able to handle a couple of hundred degrees? This does not need to be wireless.

At the end of the day, I need 4 cameras, and one place to view. I need to record for 1 day, then it can be overwritten.

Suggestions, ideas, recommendations, all welcome. Thanks.

seeing no one has answered....

Using 4 separate WIFI cameras would not be the go in this situation [say like axis 206-207mw`s]

I would use 1 separate high power WAP @ least 100mw and an external antennas on the mobile unit so the 'control' room end has a clean signal .

most have a 4 port switch so that's covered.

You need a strong link to have the maximum throughput- bandwidth.

I have used cisco 1230 series they are great and you can turn just one antenna on.- but you need to know cisco well.

As for cameras if you dont need megapixel something like acti 4100`s.

they have some IP6X rated ones too but I take it that wont last long in your factory so some very buff enclosures will be needed -up to you.

At the control room end directional antennas like a 10 dbi patches up high pointing down range will ensure a clean signal.

oh The WAP`'s must be able to be put in "bridge mode" also.

All this needs to be bench tested first. and frame rates adjusted.

the DVR i`ll leave to you -milestone\visec I have used -there ok

ps cheap cameras are blocky !