llamedos

DVR no menu screen

Hi everyone, I have inherited with my building a dvr with cctv, I am told that it is an AVTECH 4ch machine with a removeable HDD draw no USB or LAN, and has no indentification on it except a small label with PR770KIT-4 S/No P03050168, all has been well until a power failure it re-booted ok then the next day all the led`s were lit and I could not switch it off as no buttons would work, I switched it off by the wall socket waited a couple of minutes and switched on, the HDD was detected as the message on the monitor said but all the LED`s remain lit, I have no picture from the cameras and can`t get the menu up as the buttons won`t work.

Has anyone incured this problem before, is it a simple fix or do I need to replace the DVR.

Any suggestions willl be gratefully received.

What does the DVR look like?

http://scorpiontheater.com/4004.aspx

http://scorpiontheater.com/comet4.aspx

If it is one of these DVRs then you can try these manuals.

AVC 773

http://scorpiontheater.com/Documents/AVTech_Manual_English_AVC773_V1.0.pdf

You can find other DVR models such as the 771, 772, 774, or the 780

http://scorpiontheater.com/cpcamtechsupport.aspx

I do not have an ENGLISH manual for the AVC 770

I think your extern (5V and 12V) power supply isn't good anymore, one of the voltages are to low, when connected to your DVR. Correct me, if I am wrong

I think your extern (5V and 12V) power supply isn't good anymore, one of the voltages are to low, when connected to your DVR. Correct me, if I am wrong

Hi do you think it is the transformer or a bad connection, there are a few pins/conectors in the power plug, is there only one 5v and one 12v pin and where do I connect a meter to measure the voltage, I mean which pin is the negative, cheers

check the 5v and 12v at the back of your harddisk, I don't think it's a bad connection. Switched power suppy (elco's) is the problem. I don't know the pin-out of the 4p mini din.

Hi Hio sorry have`nt replied been on hols, I have checked the voltages, they are ok coming from the transformer but on measuring the plug into HDD from the circuit board I have 13v and 4.95v is this a significant drop to affect the unit, I have also found out that it is an AVtech av770 unit is there a fix or do I have to bin it?

Hi Hio sorry have`nt replied been on hols, I have checked the voltages, they are ok coming from the transformer but on measuring the plug into HDD from the circuit board I have 13v and 4.95v is this a significant drop to affect the unit, I have also found out that it is an AVtech av770 unit is there a fix or do I have to bin it?

Can anyone help me more on this, just getting ready to chuck DVR in the bin.

Do not chuck it yet!

I would have you take it to a computer shop, and ask them to look at the power supply voltages.

If it is the problem with the external power supply then this is easly replaced.

If the problem is on the inside power supply on the PC board then the fix is the willingness of someone to look at it, and to replace the bad parts.

Electronic repair places are getting harder, and harder to find.

If they charge too much then it may be better to get a new device.

I would tell you that you would be better off buying a new device (AVC 760A) for several reasons.

1 better video quality while recording

2 Internet connection for remote viewing

3 Video Viewer has more features then Video Server S

4 lots of features with Video Viewer

Perhaps a used one if economics is of the essence.

If all else fails, and you chuck it for garbage, then I would like to be the receive the dead DVR for spare parts.

What do you think?

Spy Source Warehouse

1924 S. Bab**** St

Melbourne Fl 32901

321 674 0460

Do not chuck it yet!

I would have you take it to a computer shop, and ask them to look at the power supply voltages.

If it is the problem with the external power supply then this is easly replaced.

If the problem is on the inside power supply on the PC board then the fix is the willingness of someone to look at it, and to replace the bad parts.

Electronic repair places are getting harder, and harder to find.

If they charge too much then it may be better to get a new device.

I would tell you that you would be better off buying a new device (AVC 760A) for several reasons.

1 better video quality while recording

2 Internet connection for remote viewing

3 Video Viewer has more features then Video Server S

4 lots of features with Video Viewer

Perhaps a used one if economics is of the essence.

If all else fails, and you chuck it for garbage, then I would like to be the receive the dead DVR for spare parts.

What do you think?

Spy Source Warehouse

1924 S. Bab**** St

Melbourne Fl 32901

321 674 0460

Hi, I will take your advice, there is a small computer repair shop a couple of miles away, I will speak to him he may even be able to repair it if it`s not the supply.

yes I agree there are fewer and fewer repair shops now, sign of the times with the throw away attitude and the way things are made these days.

I will also keep you in mind if they cant repair it, and take your advice and go for the 760A model.

Cheers!