marvelusmarvcus

omg i need some DVR help, calling all cctv pros

omg, there are only a million dvrs to choose from.

heres the only 3 things that really matter for me:

ability to do 4-8 cameras, 250gb-500gb

best picture quality

best quality viewing over the internet

i am trying to stay around $1000 for this dvr. i have been looking into the nuvico line, but it is hard to find any reviews.

please only recommend dvrs that have great picture quality viewing online, as that is what i will use this the most for.

thanks for the help. i have been lurking here for a while, and figured it was time to make a post, as i am ready to purchase a system now.

Cheap, fast, reliable.....pick 2.

Just about any dvr manufacture can you give you 4-8 camera inputs. The same goes for the hard drives, it's just storage. The image quality if you want anything over analog standard image quality will be megapixel cameras. Once you have megapixel cameras, transmitting it over the internet will be bandwidth limited unless you have a DVR/NVR that recompresses megapixel images down into the range of analog cameras. I only know of 1 system that has this capability, ours. It's not around 1000 bucks though.

Hi and welcome to the forum...

I think there is about 2 million DVR's to choose from and all great lines of DVR's.

You may want to consider the JS Series DVR. Depending upon your frame rate and resolution requirements, it is well within your budget. We can provide access to our demo XLA and you can see for yourself if the quality is what you are looking for. An image speaks a thousand words. Visit our site and click "Live Demo Access". We will send information on how to access. Then take it one step further and post if anyone has any experience with this DVR. Please don't take my word only. I want to hear others rave about the performance as well. I could go on and on but it is the only DVR we install in our local market.

Thanks

Mike