SmileYoureOnCCTV

My car is being keyed. I need advice for in-car CCTV setup

Hi,

My car is being keyed in the area I park during the day for work. I have tried parking it out of the car park in a quiet residential area, but it happened again (within 5 days). The car park didn't have full CCTV coverage

I now want to set up an in-car CCTV system to identify the degenerate who is doing this to me.

I have found the following equipment on eBay:

Color CMOS Security Surveillance SPY Safety CCTV Camera

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Color-CMOS-Security-Surveillance-SPY-Safety-CCTV-Camera_W0QQitemZ310125690312QQihZ021QQcategoryZ48632QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

EASYCAP USB VIDEO CAPTURE ADAPTER w Audio for All DVD - to store the footage from the camera's AV cables on a USB drive/stick

cgi.ebay.co.uk/EASYCAP-USB-VIDEO-CAPTURE-ADAPTER-w-Audio-for-All-DVD_W0QQitemZ350170629091QQihZ022QQcategoryZ31534QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262QQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

The specs show the camera as using 12v. The picture shows it having a standard power connector (not sure what it is called). How easy would it be to power it from the car's power socket or some kind of rechargable battery?

Is the camera's specification sufficient to capture a high enough quality of video?

Does anyone have experience with these kinds of cameras? They seem pretty generic (and coming from Hong Kong).

Thanks.

The problem with cheap cameras like that is... well, the image quality is cheap too, especially in low light. Don't expect to get any sort of usable picture at night unless you're parked in a very-well-lit area. Even right under a street light probably won't be enough for evidence-quality ID, although it might give you an idea who it is if it's someone you know.

you need a 4 ch mobile DVR and 4 hidden cameras -pinholes etc and a separate power supply -big 12v battery

If its only one side or direction you could use a mini DVR that uses SD cards

with motion detect.

Also you could do it with IP and send the video to your PC at work -via WIFI etc

my 2c

another approach is to creat a "kill zone". if you can't get closer to your car, move the car to a fixed location that you can concentrate your camera's on. Then just wait it out and you should get something to use as evidence.

ps..a civil law case does not need 100% proof evidence.