robkey69

Help with remote viewing using Qwest GT 701 WG Actiontec

Hi, I'm rather new at this but I have my CCTV camera system working well and I can connect using my viewing software on the LAN and even wireless that runs through my Qwest GT 701 WG modem. The problem I'm having is port forwarding it so I can view it over the internet anywhere. I set the port forwarding to 80 and did the cmd...ipconfig and entered those into my DVR networking menu.

But I still can't get a remote picture to work.

The viewing software is from China I think like D 6 Viewer is the name with no website for support...

Help please

Thank you

Help please

Hi, I'm rather new at this but I have my CCTV camera system working well and I can connect using my viewing software on the LAN and even wireless that runs through my Qwest GT 701 WG modem. The problem I'm having is port forwarding it so I can view it over the internet anywhere. I set the port forwarding to 80 and did the cmd...ipconfig and entered those into my DVR networking menu.

But I still can't get a remote picture to work.

The viewing software is from China I think like D 6 Viewer is the name with no website for support...

Help please

Thank you

Help please

I have an Actiontec router (Verizon FIOS) and had the same problem 2 years ago. I had to do an extra tweak to the instructions that rory and Collin wrote that are posted on this site. I saved my instructions in the hope someone else could benefit from them.

Below are my full instructions, I hope they help as I'd like to get the opportunity to return the goodwill/help someone here because so many here have helped me.

================================

Port Forwarding For Remote Viewing with Swann PC DVR-4-Net Card with Port 80 blocked by ISP (Verizon FIOS) Actiontec router

On the router:

1. Use your internet browser and go to http://192.168.1.1

2. Username: Admin Password: password

3. Click Firewall Settings in the on the top bar.

4. Click Port Forwarding from the left column.

5. Click the Red "Add" link.

6. Under "Networked Computer/Device" enter computer name or network IP address

7. Under "Protocol" click the Red "Add" link.

8. Click the red "Add Server Ports" link.

9. In the Drop down menu for Protocol, select TCP

10. Make the follwing changes:

TCP Any -> 13551

TCP Any -> 1259

TCP Any -> 1159

TCP Any -> 80

In the Drop down menu for Protocol, select UDP

Make the follwing changes:

UDP Any -> 80

UDP Any -> 1159

UDP Any -> 1259

UDP Any -> 13551

WAN connection type: All Broadband Devices

11. Click "Ok" Exit out of program saving all changes along the way. On the "Add Port Forwarding Rule" Menu, Click Ok.

12. In the DVR program, go to basic Configuration page (wrench icon) and change HTTP Port to 8080

You're done!