cctv_down_under

Geovision IP Camera Questions

Hay guys, just installed some Geo IP cams.....really good images (if inside and not looking at bad lighting)...very fiddly dome cameras though...gimble is very loose.....anyhow...my questions.

1/ I can understand that the IP cams are not connected through the capture card and therefore not the DSP output, so how can you get the IP cameras to output with the other cameras onto a spot monitor....currently we have 8 cameras at this site 2 x IP 2 x Analogue, but the DSP output to the spot monitor shows the 2 x IP cameras as small black squares...IE it does not output them.

2/ I added the 2 x Geo IP cameras without any problems to the DVR, but wanted to test a Arecont camera on the system, the DVR will not let me...telling me that I can not set a camera psoition because USB Key = 0 does this mean that using Geo IP cameras is free but any other brand you wish to use...you will need a USB key and licence?

Thanks in advance...

1/ I can understand that the IP cams are not connected through the capture card and therefore not the DSP output, so how can you get the IP cameras to output with the other cameras onto a spot monitor....currently we have 8 cameras at this site 2 x IP 2 x Analogue, but the DSP output to the spot monitor shows the 2 x IP cameras as small black squares...IE it does not output them.

I dunno about Geo, but on the Vigil systems with the XECAP cards (one switched-analog and one virtualized MUX output), the MUX output can display whatever IP cams are supported. Since the output is generated by the system, it can be fed whatever the software can draw.

Are you running v8.3 ?

2/ I added the 2 x Geo IP cameras without any problems to the DVR, but wanted to test a Arecont camera on the system, the DVR will not let me...telling me that I can not set a camera psoition because USB Key = 0 does this mean that using Geo IP cameras is free but any other brand you wish to use...you will need a USB key and licence?

All 3rd party IP cams require one of the new licences on a dongle, and before you spend the money make sure your Arecont cam is on the supported list.