cctv_down_under

Geovision on Apple Mac Products

Hello Guys,

Just installed a Geo at a customers site, he runs Mozilla, Firefox off his Apple Laptop and also has an I-Phone.

Is there any way to get the remote viewing working on these devices?

Not using the software but you can use firefox in OSX. You just have to enable .jpg in the Webcam settings.

Hello Guys,

Just installed a Geo at a customers site, he runs Mozilla, Firefox off his Apple Laptop and also has an I-Phone.

Is there any way to get the remote viewing working on these devices?

I have had great success using parallels desktop and installing windows XP on the mac. Gives you all access to the live streaming as well as the remote playback functions. As far as getting GEO on your iphone, Depending on what version of Geo you are running, I patched the webcamserver.exe file to allow access from iphones. http://www.stealthvue.com/geovision_iphone.html the only downer is, it breaks the java viewer. So you would have to see what works best for your client.

I have had great success using parallels desktop and installing windows XP on the mac. .

CCTV_DU..was referring to OSX, not window$, two totally dif OS's.

The architecture of the mac these days with Intel cpu's etc are not much different to the everyday pc, its just the Operating system (osx) and browsers, as apple don't support M$oft for which I don't blame them.

We use safari, but we haven't tried viewing, one thing well have to play with at work, just time....( we are the authorised sales and service centre for the region now )

You can set up a Geovision system to view cameras on a MAC using Quicktime Player.

First, you have to enable the 3GPP on the Geo WebCam Server and forward those ports (TCP 8554 and UDP 17300 thru 17380) thru your router.

On the MAC, open the Quick Time prefernce panel from System Preferences. Click Advanced tab and select Custom. Select UDP from the Transport Protocol dropdown list. In the RTSP Port ID Field enter 6970 then press OK.

Start your browser and enter the IP address or domain name of the Geo system , enter the ID and password then select the camera.

NOTE - You DO NOT have full functionality with a MAC as with a Windows based system (no active X). Basically all you can do is view your cameras

Hi Everyone,

The remote viewing setup guide for connecting from a MAC system can be found at:

http://usavisionsys.com/files/Mac_OS_Remote_Viewing_Setup_Guide_C04B0109.pdf

The iPhone is still being beta tested - right now I am able to log in to our company's webcam server, view all cameras, take screen shots and also control PTZ cameras. It is slated for release hopefully by the end of the summer.

--

Tim Shen / Account Executive

USA Vision Systems, Inc.

I have had great success using parallels desktop and installing windows XP on the mac. .

CCTV_DU..was referring to OSX, not window$, two totally dif OS's.

I think he knows that.

http://www.parallels.com/

Parallels Desktop® for Mac

The innovative desktop virtualization software for the Mac OS X platform which is revolutionizing the way people work and play by enabling users to have the best experience from both the Mac and PC worlds.