bernardryan

Divis DVR pci card with External Storage recording

Hi there everyone,

I have been using divis dvr CAP160A12 or something like that for about a year now. Recently, my house was broken into and they messed up my whole house and stole a few things. They also took my server which housed the Divis DVR card and therefore i couldnt view the videos as all the surveillance was done using the server. If what they were looking for was computers to steal, they would have taken my own personal computer which is worth twice more than the surveillance computer.

So i got a new computer with a new divis card and bought an external Maxtor 1TB basic using USB2.0 480mbps.

Now my question is, i can't seem to use the external HDD as a recording drive. It doesn't accept it. It only accepts the drives that are connected straight to the Motherboard.

Is there any solution to this matter? I would like to have an external HDD hidden somewhere else, so that if i were to get robbed again, they would just take the computer and leave the hdd not knowing that the HDD is the one which is important. Can anyone help me out here?

Regards,

*just got robbed*

ryan

Thanx Griffonsystems,

If i were to backup, won't it be like a scheduled backup. Lets say i set it to backup at 12 midnight every night and the theives decide to come in at about 4 in the afternoon, won't it be pointless like that? Backing up would only be good if it backsup every minute. Backing up also serves as a protection for the lost of info on your drive. Other than that, its pretty useless.

I am looking for a solution that will allow me to record straight out of my CPU into an external storage, be it using eSATA, USB 2.0 or even LAN/wifi if its possible.

Anyone having the same issue here?

Hi there everyone,

I have been using divis dvr CAP160A12 or something like that for about a year now. Recently, my house was broken into and they messed up my whole house and stole a few things. They also took my server which housed the Divis DVR card and therefore i couldnt view the videos as all the surveillance was done using the server. If what they were looking for was computers to steal, they would have taken my own personal computer which is worth twice more than the surveillance computer.

So i got a new computer with a new divis card and bought an external Maxtor 1TB basic using USB2.0 480mbps.

Now my question is, i can't seem to use the external HDD as a recording drive. It doesn't accept it. It only accepts the drives that are connected straight to the Motherboard.

Is there any solution to this matter? I would like to have an external HDD hidden somewhere else, so that if i were to get robbed again, they would just take the computer and leave the hdd not knowing that the HDD is the one which is important. Can anyone help me out here?

Regards,

*just got robbed*

ryan

U right your Divis Card do not allow recording on network or Usb drives

was just playing with one of them

( have customer unit for repair )

Edited by Guest

i just dont think it will record direct to usb because of the speed, but wouldnt someone just take the pc and everything connected to it if they robbed you..not an easy solution

Hi there everyone,

Regards,

*just got robbed*

ryan

may be try eSATA Drive

if u can see this drive with soft

then u can get cable up to about 2 meters

away from comp

to hide it

if that will work for u

Weird i just installed a 16 channel Divis and have 2 external drives working on it... must be usb 2.0 otherwise it runs very slow..

Just make sure you use the divis dbtool.exe in the install folder first(it's a small app that initilizes the actual DVR program to see the drives.)... THEN add using the system tools inside the program...

I have 2 500 gig external drives going on this box...