tunde

Can Camera Motion Detect Trigger the Alarm

Let me specify,

I have a AVTECH DVR 782, I can view it remotely. I have 4 cams not physical motion detectors. I've set up the mail setting, I've enabled it. I get no email. I checked the logs and I see motion detection but no alarm. In detection i set the alarms to high. from the OSD I turn everything to on.

I'm thinking that emails aren't sent for software motion detection.

yes it can.............via I/O

but, indoors is much more reliable tahn out since any outdoor weather related motion will cause false alarms.

VST_Man speaks the truth.

And it's not only weather-related events. If you have day-night cameras, you'll get a "motion detected" event every time the camera switches from day to night mode, or vise versa. If you watch the video, you can clearly see the IR-cut filter being removed from the lens, and it's triggered the motion detection in every DVR, camera server, or software package I've ever used.

You're much better off using the motion detection to trigger a "chime" function in your home alarm, rather than the alarm itself... similar to what happens when a door opens (most alarms have a "door chime" function that you can link to any zone, including the I/O input from your DVR).

That way, you're alerted to motion if you're home, but it's not setting your alarm horn blaring every time a tree sways in the breeze.

This is for an indoor business place the camera motion detection starts at 21:00 everyone is gone by 20:30 so any movement at this point has to be worthy of an alarm.

Can the motion detected by the cameras send an email? With Pics I know i can get it to record that is set now, but I'd like to get an email also.

I've done everything Scorpion and others have said (I think) my thought is that only the I/O motion sensor will cause the system to send an email?