kaysadeya

Bosch "NightSense"

I concur with Rory on Toshiba cameras... Somehow the link for the Sanyo Camera shows a product that has been obsolete for quite some time... Sanyo does not have this product or at least what I can confirm in our Sanyo content...

someone probably bought too many of them and are trying to get rid of them now ..

Rory,

Sanyo VCB-3574IR has been discountinued for over 2 months.... Looks like they did not change it in their website... It was a great camera and it did deliver the goods in a poor IR environment, but it is gone...

Levon

If Sanyo didnt keep discontinuing their cameras so much, they'd be a great line to use also

see I can only sell 1 line of cameras, or at least, 1 camera for each application ... in my current situation ..

Everytime we receive a newer pricing (which happens almost every 2 months) seems like they drop their best sellers - go and figure....

Their main office is only 15 miles out of our main offices and we spend time with their technical guys and sales people. Great team of experts, but somehow all the decisions are made in Japan. I like their hi res cameras (520TVL). Not sure about their DVRs, even though in the recent months they dropped the pricing in an average of 20%.. I like their latest 1ch DVRs (30FPS) and ability to change the hard drive capacity without any problems using portable caddy....

I saw their latest POS software that is an add-on to their existing DVRs. It looks very interesting and does offer much less headacks on the interfacing with most of the POS equipment out there. I confirmed that they had this new software being tested in New York in several high profile store locations and they kicked American Dynamic's Intelleview out of both location... We will wait and see how well it will perform with out customer base...

They also have some interesting cameras to be shown and introduced in the ISC show...

Levon

i wish i had your job dude!

i dont get to look at, or test anything until i pay triple for it, time as it lands here and we pay customs duty!

Or i get a client to go out on a limb and buy it ... thats how its been most of the time ... well i sell them it at landed cost price .. so they save anyway ..

Rory,

You do not want my job, trust me - I have been doing this over 25 years....

I have a dealer in Bahamas who is mostly buying American Dynamics products... I know the local customs kills the overall pricing, but he is telling me that it is manageable... I do not want to go into much details, but may be we can e-mail each other.... Do you have my e-mail address?? I will get back to you weekends, as I will be out traveling to New York and then to Chicago in the next few days...

levon

I use to have it, I can PM you. I know all the dealers here that do cameras, unless it is a side job for him? There really is only a couple of us here. And honestly noone spends the time I do on it .. (22/7)

I have never seen AD in Nassau in my travels though. Was it Freeport?

Rory

So you are just looking for Black and White Infrared Compatible Cameras?

These have Spectal reponses up in the 900+ range so they will work wih invisible Infrared Lighting: I have used the Sanyo with Extreme's IR before:

Sanyo VCB-3574IR - Over 930nm Spectral Range

http://www.sanyo.com/industrial/security/cameras/special/index.cfm?productID=148

GE KTC-540E - 730-1100nm Spectral Range

http://www.ge-consultantlink.com/Docs/ktc_540E_prd.pdf

AS for Lenses, I prefer Fujinon, but Computar or even Tamron will suffice. Look for IR lenses if you are using just a BW camera. If its a day night you can use either a day night or just a low F:stop lens. The sanyo i used was as simple tamron low f: stop lens, nothing special. Watch those dead cheap lenses though, image quality in Infrared could be even more deteriated with a cheap lens.

I cant find that Bosch camera online, all my search comes up with is in spanish! If you can post a link ill check the IR response, or if you know it post it here .. The pano doesnt say any IR response so id imagine it will only work in the 800nm range not the 900nm range.

Rory

I'm doing two things here, so this may appear confusing. First, I already have the following B&W cameras / lenses:

Sanyo VCB-3384 / Tamron 13VA308AS-SQ 3-8mm

Panasonic WV-BP334 / Bosch LTC3364/50 1/3" 2.8-10mm

Note: the Bosch in the above configuration is a lens.

I'll be pairing these B&Ws up the WizKid IR Illuminators I mentioned. I'm committed to the cameras, but might consider swapping out the lenses if they can't cut it with the IR.

Second, I'm shopping for some really good color day/night domes and 'telephoto hosts' for another location, where color (say of a car) is of interest.

I'm doing two things here, so this may appear confusing. First, I already have the following B&W cameras / lenses:

Sanyo VCB-3384 / Tamron 13VA308AS-SQ 3-8mm

Panasonic WV-BP334 / Bosch LTC3364/50 1/3" 2.8-10mm

Note: the Bosch in the above configuration is a lens.

I'll be pairing these B&Ws up the WizKid IR Illuminators I mentioned. I'm committed to the cameras, but might consider swapping out the lenses if they can't cut it with the IR.

Second, I'm shopping for some really good color day/night domes and 'telephoto hosts' for another location, where color (say of a car) is of interest.

Okay now i understand - put me in a corner already!

Q1. what is the f:stop on those lenses?

Q2. Do you have a spec sheet on the cameras? I dont think they can see 900nm range - which means you will need to get the WizKid IR in 800nm range.

Q3. What Kind of lighting is involved in the Dome location? Are we talking color only? I know you said day night, but you also said you want the color of the car..in that case an exview is your best choice. BUT, exview is not easily found in domes, except the PROVIDEO domes. Ajny dome will do once it has low enough lux level. What are the bosch Dome's lux level rated at? Samsung Techwin for sure has one that will do this, but I havent tested it yet, nor anyone I know ... maybe soon.

Also. What kind of field of view do you need for the dome camera? And do you have a budget on the dome? What is the Dome looking at (application)? Forgive me if you already asked this im a little behind on this thread!

You mentioned "telephoto" .. from how far do you need to start seing, and how wide? For example, I will be using a 5-50mm lens on a day night box camera, set at 16mm, to cover gas pumps at a distance of approx 40' away (give or rake its out of my head right now), to see a width of 20-30'. I used my view finder to get the exact lens but im using a 5-50 in case they ever upgrade and add more cameras.

Also, in a retail store, I have a 2.5-12mm lens, set at 10mm, and that is zoomed in on a front door. The FOV is only approx 15' away, and that is 10mm. Its nice and crisp though.

Rory

Rory, here are the answers to your questions:

Q1:

Tamron 3-8mm is f/1.0

Bosch 2.8-10mm is f/1.4

Q2:

Sanyo VCB-3384:

http://www.sanyo.com/industrial/security/cameras/third_black_white/downloads/VCB-3384_Specs.pdf

Panasonic WV-BP334

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasonic/CCTV/SpecSheets/WV-BP330series.pdf

Q3:

As I mentioned earlier, I was thinking about using WizKid WZ30L9s with day/night Bosch FlexiDome LTC 1463/20s. I'll consider 850nm illuminators, if necessary.

WizKid specs:

http://www.wizkidoptotech.com/products/uploads/PDF2/WZ30L_TS_050121.pdf

Bosch FlexiDome LTC 1463/20 specs:

http://www.boschsecurity.us/pdf/EN/LTC136x%5FDS%5F74913%2Epdf

As for the telephoto cameras, I don't think I can illuminate the scenes with IR, so I'll have to rely on ambient lighting from street lamps and neighbor's lights. This might be a problem with one location, but will have to play it by ear.

I haven't yet sat down to figure out the field of view and required focal length, but think it will be in the neighborhood of 15-20mm (1/3 format) -- could end up being a little more.

The cameras I'm considering to host the telephotos are:

Bosch LTC0495/20:

http://www.boschsecurity.us/pdf/EN/LTC0495%5FDS%5F81313%2Epdf

Panasonic WV-CP474:

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasonic/CCTV/SpecSheets/WV-CP470Series.pdf

Do any of you Bosch people know if the LTC146 series domes have an IR filter? I'm getting serious about investing in a couple of these cams, but they need to work in conjunction with IR illuminators.

Yes... They actaully work perfectly specially with IR Illumunators... Let me know if you need any help to find these items.

Levon

anywhere on here i can post some pics, cause id like to show you some ganz and sukwang cams, screen shots of the web server connection....

Middy

No way I know of. You can host them on a web server somewhere and then provide us with the URL between '....' tags. If you have Yahoo DSL or some other service that provides web hosting, that will work.