Soundy

Capture PTZ problem

I have two Capture Fastrax II cameras on a site, one somewhat older than the other. Both were originally hooked up to a Fastrax keyboard/joystick controller, and more recently we've tried to connect them to a DVR. The newer one auto-detects the protocol no problem, but the older one won't work with RS-232 no matter what I do.

It wasn't easy, but I did get some docs from ADI-Burtek that actually apply to this camera (Capture's docs site at AVLogic only has the manual for the newer version); I've tried changing baud rates and control protocols (Pelco P and Fastrax supported) but had no success at all.

The docs suggest (without actually stating) that RS-232 may not be supported - only 485 and 422. Before I go splurge on an adapter on the HOPE that it MAY help, though, I'm hoping someone else might be familiar with this camera and could offer some help. The ADI-Burtek tech I talked to wasn't familiar with the older model, and I've yet to reach anyone at Capture that's any more useful.

Attached are the two switch-setting pages from the docs, in case it will help someone recognize the specific model of camera (firmware is ver. 1.1x).

Clipboard03.jpg.1eb4dbdfbb62203a72a38f05ceef9fc0.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg.00d26d748502a0943ff3f7f0c21e4f49.jpg