jhonovich

New Cameras released at ISC West

thanks for the links..

quick question..

what do you reccomend for low cost ip megapix cams? I'm just getting started installing cctv systems and want to see if i can sell an IP system..

most installs are bars/restaurants for me.. so what i'm thinking is possibly a mixed system.. having 2-3 ip cameras at front door for good pics of faces.. and possibly exits.

There are a number of well known providers of low cost megapixel cameras:

- for 1.3 MP, consider ACTi and Vivotek

- for 2MP to 5MP, consider StarDot and Arecont Vision

There are numerous threads talking about the quality of these cameras so I will decline from making any specific recommendations.

Has Arecont solved their connection problems? We tested an AV3100 about a year ago and it kept dropping off the network. That, plus at any resolution, we could only get 14.5fps out of it. We abandoned testing at that time because of the dropouts and the low frame rate. Unfortunately, our NVR (Honeywell Enterprise) only accomodates Arecont and Axis cameras without upgrading our licenses - something not in our budget this year.

ISC West was rather disappointing this year. Many company booths downsized or had less equipment displays.

1. No significant technology innovations.

2. Very few IP cameras with internal storage capabilities. The Sanyo HD camera has SD and HDD attachment capabilities.

3. Vivotek has a neat, simple 9 ch. NVR box.

4. It was amazing how so many companies don't understand the industry technology or problems (i.e. NTSC video interlace recording problems, ITU601 chipset limitations on resolution etc.).

5. I thought some companies would have had progressive scan analog cameras- there were none and did not realize its advantage in legacy DVR systems.

6. No different methods of digital video signal transmission (digital serial over coax) for HD CCTV. Just IP from camera....

6. No different methods of digital video signal transmission (digital serial over coax) for HD CCTV. Just IP from camera....

You missed:

Veracity HIGHWIRE IP over coax * Up to 300 meters 100BaseT on RG-59

Nitek IPQuikLinks IP over coax and single twisted-pair * Network data through a single coaxial cable or single twisted-pair for distances up to 2500 feet.

Also, Vigitron is preparing to release equivalent products.

Didn't see the Nitek, but have used the Veracity devices- good stuff. What I meant was alternatives to IP network transmission from a SD or HD camera to a HUB/DVR centralized unit. Everything was Ethernet based.....

i did see one company who was using internal storage as a decentralized storage with a nvr to pull as needed similar to what mobotix likes to do but i forget their name offhand. they were really touting the analytics side of their system but i guess it would qualify for what you were looking for nonetheless although it might be pricey. they were over by the bathrooms on the main floor. i'll see if i can figure out their name and get back to you.

also i would add mobotix to similar pricing as stardot.