3RDIGLBL

Hybrid System and Ghosting

I admit I am knew with the IP technologies but have been learning fast in order to start the push into that area.

I purchased a NUUO Hybrid solution using the IP+04 NVR software and the Hardware H.264 4 channel card. I got it all running fine and I to start with integrated one analog (Panasonic CP484) and two IP cameras (1 ACTi 1.3mp and Arecont 5mp). It's amazing to see the quality when the analog and megapixels are sitting side by side.

Anyhow.........The analog as you can image shows nice fluid live view motions no matter if I'm waving a hand full speed or walking through the room. The IP cameras though (we'll leave the ACTi out for the moment as it is remote right now) primarily the Arecont is pretty much un-usable. Unless the subject stops for a second they are complete blur. The still picture (no motion in the room) is to die for but for actual usable motion ist is downright horrid.

Reading around I tried adjusting the shutter speed and as you can imagine it will darken the room in lower light and really only yields a slight improvement in live view motion. It's basically like seeing my hand wave but my fingers look like rubber LOL!!!! and on the quality setting which has a really awesome picture the motion is a complete blue.

Now I suspect it is probably my computer but I am only running a couple cams and it still does it even when only running one IP cam. I have an older P4 HT running at 3.08GHZ and a Quatro video card. But my argument in my mind is since this is a hardware compression card the PC should be able to handle this? The live view shows this blur and it carries over into the recorded video as well. The analog camera other than not having nearly as good a picture at least has a nice fluid recorded video.

I need some more ideas as I'm sure there is experience with this issue that may have been overcome by something I have not thought of yet.

Thanks.

I suggest you download Video Insight Demo IP camera software and do a comparrison. Demo version is a 30 day trail. http://72.20.140.61:8080/install/vienterprise.zip

Also, the netter CCD on the market are Progressive Scan. Other CCD's hav a motion effected blurr effect that can destroy a Megapixel Image. Blurr effect is 10 times worse in low light no light.

The othe t thing to try is to set your camera's for best frame rate rather than best picture quaility. Best picture rate will produce a great pic but motion turns into blurr...........

I now use the Acti ACM-7411 and they are very good for they money spent. Blurr is still sometimes a issue but it is very minimal for the price involved here. I also have a 3130 and that camera has almost zero blurr so it just depends on how muchie you want to spend on reducing blurr.

I'll give Video Insight a try when I get back to the office. Thanks for the suggestion as it will at least provide me another piece of software to try.

I unfortunately have not had much luck with adjusting the Arecont camera settings other than the basic setting presented from the web interface. I can not get the Arecont Vision software to run on two computers I have. I've re-downloaded it and uninstalled and re-installed. When I start up the viewer it is stuck in an endless loop trying to startup. No error no nothing so I have no idea what is causing it not startup. Unfortunately I want the software so I can dig into the camera settings.

I've tried adjusting the shutter speed but had no luck with that. I also setup the NUUO software to least quality and even half res but that did nothing to curb the issue. The way it is I don't know why anyone would install this camera as it is useless for motion. I will have the ACTi at the office on Monday to try that one with motion otherwise it is completely remote right now so I can't test it the same way.

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have experience with NUUO? So far it seems fine to use but I only messed with it for a few hours last night.

no experience with NUUO, other than I DL'd a Demo once.

I'm sticking with VI because they are a decent Company based in Texas and they write the software there.

All-American Baby!

I do Demo other Manufactures stuff here and there but I have not found anyone else Ilike more.

Avermedia & Video Insight. Video Insight is more Coorporate or large scale, has more bells &whistles. Avermedia is budget.

Anyhow.........The analog as you can image shows nice fluid live view motions no matter if I'm waving a hand full speed or walking through the room. The IP cameras though (we'll leave the ACTi out for the moment as it is remote right now) primarily the Arecont is pretty much un-usable. Unless the subject stops for a second they are complete blur. The still picture (no motion in the room) is to die for but for actual usable motion ist is downright horrid.

Reading around I tried adjusting the shutter speed and as you can imagine it will darken the room in lower light and really only yields a slight improvement in live view motion. It's basically like seeing my hand wave but my fingers look like rubber LOL!!!! and on the quality setting which has a really awesome picture the motion is a complete blue.

Now I suspect it is probably my computer but I am only running a couple cams and it still does it even when only running one IP cam. I have an older P4 HT running at 3.08GHZ and a Quatro video card. But my argument in my mind is since this is a hardware compression card the PC should be able to handle this? The live view shows this blur and it carries over into the recorded video as well. The analog camera other than not having nearly as good a picture at least has a nice fluid recorded video.

Dear 3RDIGLBL,

Would you mind giving us some more information of your system?

1. The version of your main console

1.) Open up main console and go to Config

2.) Click on About MainConsole

3.) Send us the screenshot

2. Save the configuration

1.) Open up main console and go to Config

2.) Go to Save/Load Configurations

3.) Save configurations to a file

4.) Send the file to us

3. Run msinfo32

1.) Press Windows key + R

2.) Type 'msinfo32'

3.) Export your system information to a .nfo file

4.) Send the file to us

4. Let us know your camera settings (They are not exported by saving NUUO config)

1.) resolution

2.) video format

3.) frame rate

4.) image quality

5. Your network information. Is it LAN or WAN? How is your bandwidth (upload and download)? The two megapixel cameras are connected at the same time? Did you try to connect just one single camera?

Please send the information to service@nuuo.com and we will try our best to figure it out for you. And please understand NUUO is not infringing upon your privacy, and we won't give your system information to anyone else. We just think it's a better way to sort out this issue. Thanks for your understanding.

Yung-chung Lin

service@nuuo.com

A quick and easy way to determine whether the problem lies in the camera or elsewhere is to go into the camera's own web-based viewer (assuming it has one?) and see if the blur issue still exists there. If so, you can rule out the DVR, and avoid a lot of time playing with other systems and sending tons of stuff to tech support.

Now assuming you narrow it down to the camera specifically:

You've tried adjusting the shutter speeds, but to what? You ideally need to be 1/60s or faster. If you're in the 1/4s-1/15s range you can tweak it all day and it won't help matters.

Remember your lens aperture as well - if it's closed down too much, you're reducing light and have to compensate with a slower shutter. Open up the lens more, if possible, to give you more range with the shutter. If it's already wide-open, maybe you need a "faster", larger-aperture lens. What's this lens's maximum aperture? It will probably be listed as something like 1:1.4 or 1:1.8, printed on the barrel of the lens.