313-313

Video Insight Corrupt Video files

I installed a 32 CH Video insight Card about about 3 weeks ago. I am seeing more than 60% of the video files that it creates being corrupt. Video Fixer does not do the job either. All the corrupt files are 0KB. Was wondering what is the issue and how should I fix it. Waiting for the Tech support to call me back.

thanks

change the codes to see if it's a codec issue. go into the camera record settings and choose any other codes to record too. Then see if that improves the problem.

I've seen this before and it wastraceable to the codec used being corrupted by a microsoft update.................

what version of software are you using? VJ240? VN series?

the above codec change will get you over until tech support gets back to you. VI is very good at resolving issues.

and, once you get it settled down you most likely won't have any problems again. I've got several VI servers out there, several with 32 cams, and all have been inplace recording video for over 3 years with little or no problems. Whenever I see a "odd" problem, it is usually due to a forced update by Microsoft..........or ActiveX

I know this is an old topic. However, if you turn the record quality up too high you will experience this problem. Start out with "average" quality and step it up one at a time, recording and checking the recording, until you have the answer to what your unit can handle without corrupting the video footage.