Can I get a product catalog from somewhere, cant quite navigate their web site ... but im looking for a line I can carry that have domes and wide dynamic in particular, that work (unlike the kalatels) and it has to look good too (unlike the pano). Ive used their cameras in the past when someone else ordered them or just asked for a dist to send what they had, and they were good ..but i need some incentive to try something new, been burned with a few other well known brands and some not so well known .. right now im sticking to the individual products I have used and worked good, which counts out wide dyanamic domes and box cameras ive tested so far .. except the Pano Wide Dyanamic as it have one to test that a client has here .. soon .. but, id rather all cameras be the same brand ..the rep for Samsung Techwin was down here promoting those .. but .. how long will they be around and noone has used them yet on this side of the world!? So you know ..

let me know dude .. ill be up a little while longer ..

rory

the bosch doems are very good, but rather overpriced, they have suspension springs and everything int he XT series, they even have a cable to connect to service montior, they arent bad and even opening one up will show you the differing level of electronics, but compared to the price of the XF Dinion and standard Dinion ranges, mate I would not use the dome ..thoise CS mount cams are so good the dome pales in comparison. mind you they are smash proof and very well made, but for bang for bucks it seems the CS mount range from bosch really kicks arse

yeah but sometimes you just need one .. the clients cant put regular housings ..they have to be vandal proof, and wide dynamic at that ..

im still looking ..

originally posted by rory:-

...cant quite navigate their web site

I thought I was the only one having problems with the Bosch website. They send out a newsletter from time to time, and then the links to the website bring up pages with no information on it

Bosch has been revamping their site since begining of the January. They are in process to make some noise with their latest product lines, which should appear in the ISC show. They just don't want to "let the cat out of the bag" until after the show.

Some of the very interesting things that I know they will announce are newer cameras that will compete head to head with Panasonic and others abroad, including ExtremeCCTV. In addition, they will announce newer DVR series that (like GE) will start using the latest and greatest MPEG4 compression. The initial tests that we saw were great and actually the overall price will be reduced across the board. They will completely revampt their 32 position DVR and Envriodomes series by using better components and different manufacturing processes...

Ge will also be making major headways in the ISC show, as they are changing all their camera designs and will introduce their version of DVRs using MPEG4 compression.

American Dynamics just announced few weeks ago the availability of their 3.2 version of Intellex units that come with 750G hard drive capacity and with the same price as their previous 480G systems.. They really cleaned the house and got rid of a lot of the junk hardware (maxtor hard drives, poor performing power supplies, etc) that they use to use and they did not cut any corners for this version... We already installed over 50 of these units and they perform substantially better and with higher video quality in the playback mode...

Anyone knows anything what Panasonic is doing lately, except keep increasing the pricing???

Bosch has been revamping their site since begining of the January. They are in process to make some noise with their latest product lines, which should appear in the ISC show. They just don't want to "let the cat out of the bag" until after the show.

Some of the very interesting things that I know they will announce are newer cameras that will compete head to head with Panasonic and others abroad, including ExtremeCCTV. In addition, they will announce newer DVR series that (like GE) will start using the latest and greatest MPEG4 compression. The initial tests that we saw were great and actually the overall price will be reduced across the board. They will completely revampt their 32 position DVR and Envriodomes series by using better components and different manufacturing processes...

Ge will also be making major headways in the ISC show, as they are changing all their camera designs and will introduce their version of DVRs using MPEG4 compression.

American Dynamics just announced few weeks ago the availability of their 3.2 version of Intellex units that come with 750G hard drive capacity and with the same price as their previous 480G systems.. They really cleaned the house and got rid of a lot of the junk hardware (maxtor hard drives, poor performing power supplies, etc) that they use to use and they did not cut any corners for this version... We already installed over 50 of these units and they perform substantially better and with higher video quality in the playback mode...

Anyone knows anything what Panasonic is doing lately, except keep increasing the pricing???

any experience with Samsung Techwin? Their cameras have some amazing specs .. i know, that doesnt mean they are that, just curious? Not sure how support is yet as I think they are new to the US?

Panasonic, do you think that $800 1/2" camera is really worth it!!

Just looks like a wide dynamic exview camera ...

anyway, reps arent doing that great a job as they arent down here promoting it, only Samsung was here recently, well, and even them, the rep was here to promote the General Solution DVRs not samsung!

Everyone down here (plumbers, AC guys, Xerox) is selling ECLIPSE products (eclipsecctv.com) and they think that it is better than panasonic or any other!

Hey I know we are a small country, but figure since we have a higher crime rate per population than the USA yah think they may be interested a little bit ?? And yes, at least half the country has the money to spend.

Rory

Rory,

Panasonic still belives they make the best equipment regardless what everyone thinks and that they are entitled to charge premium because they are Panasonic....

We will meet with Samsung end of this month. Initially we asked to receive their best performing camera and still nothing. We do not take what any manufacturer specs call, rather perform our own internal tests side by side with compatible hardware. I will keep everyone posted once we conclude our tests... Rory, is it realy everything and bag of chips? Have you really seen its performance in an actual customer site under extreme conditions? I want to gather as much information as possible before we have a chance to test them...

Levon

We will meet with Samsung end of this month. Initially we asked to receive their best performing camera and still nothing. We do not take what any manufacturer specs call, rather perform our own internal tests side by side with compatible hardware. I will keep everyone posted once we conclude our tests... Rory, is it realy everything and bag of chips? Have you really seen its performance in an actual customer site under extreme conditions? I want to gather as much information as possible before we have a chance to test them...

Levon

Not yet, im trying to get some cameras as demos for free before i spend the cash! I will see what happens. I know what you mean, there is alot of false advertising these days.

If I have to spend, I will probably test the best Box camera they have (SHC-721A or SDN-520) and the best Fixed Dome (SVD-4120a), cant afford the PTZ ...

i have a Panasonic WD Day Night here to test actually, well the client still has it, he hasnt run the wire yet - i think its the 474. He also has the GE Exview Day Night as well, i told him get 2 of the panos but the distributor only had 1 so sold him the GE Day Night instead. I still have his old Toshiba Day Night actually, havent hooked it up yet to test it! Im scared to ....

Hermin on this forum just bought a couple of their Day Night Exview cameras for a job, the SDN-520, so i guess we will find out soon enough ..

Thanks for the info... According to them, they had no demo available, but that they could sell us one... ya right!

yeah probably the same thing here ..im not sure im GOING to pay for it .. in other words i can use another brand that is already tested ..

JVC has probably one of the best Hi Res pics I've ever seen. They don't have a wide dynamic dome, but they do have the Wide Dynamic Block. Very nice picture on both. The TK-C205U is the Hi Res Dome the TK-C205VPU is the Vandal Proof. What Distributor do you buy from?

Thanks for the info... According to them, they had no demo available, but that they could sell us one... ya right!

they're getting me some demos now .. will let you know ..

rory