jimmyNJ

IP video with sound for classroom

CIF video?(for those that don't know, that's a postage stamp size of image, 352x288 pixels)

LOL, at that size just buy a webcam from Tiger Direct for 50 bucks and use Logitechs software.

You show a missunderstanding of video.

Did you know not all DVD's are D1. many are CIF.

A full screen CIF image is almost as clean as a 4CIF image when viewed at 756x582 resolution. This is for Indigo anyway. I know many others will not be the same case

It is only when you electronic zoom that there is a real difference to 4CIF.

If you wanted to stream at 4CIF 30ips, i would start at 512Kbps.

We can record at 4CIF on site and stream live at CIF, giving the best of both ends.

I'm still refering to this post. As the thread progressed you went from this statement all the way up to HD re-compression. Which we do as well, http://www.3xlogic.com/megapixel

There's a chart on there for you.

My quam is this first statement as you said I don't have an understanding of video, then you totally changed what we were talking about. I still want to see this CIF image that looks as good as a 4 CIF image, which is what started this discussion that I quoted above.

Now, if you want to talk about megapixel cameras and recompression, then let's talk about megapixel recompression and not wander off topic.