Sign in to follow this  
videotiger

Seeking recommendations on a wall-mounted true d/n dome cam

As a landscaper demonstrated, a bullet camera I've installed on the side of a house needs to be replaced with a more tamper-resistant camera.

As such, it needs to be a dome camera, for starters. Other must-have include:

- IR illuminators since the area of interest is about 14' away, and it's unlit at night

- true day/night (mechanically actuated IR cut filter)

- mechanical auto-iris

- outdoor-rated

- Prefer 12VDC since my other existing cameras are, and I have plenty o' power supply to power it.

Here's the coverage and mounting situation that has made the ability for me to find a suitable camera much harder: There's an exterior wall. On the left end of the wall is the door I want to monitor. About 14' to the right and about 8' off the ground is where the camera has to be mounted to the same vertical wall. This means that, as you face the camera as it's mounted on the wall, it's looking hard-left and down the surface of the wall, sideways to watch the door.

Most if not all of the cameras I've found are designed to be screwed up into a ceiling or soffit. Their 3-axis gimbal mount is intended to allow a ceiling/soffit-mounted camera to pan and tilt. I need to also be able to spin the camera on its logitudinal axis to keep the image upright. I know I can use a bracket, but a bracket would be easier to knock off than if the camera were securely screwed into the wall.

Ideas?

Thanks

Extreme domes have the third gimble but you will lose some of the Ir Illuminators inside the casing. I have one mounted as you are trying to mount yours. I am sure many others are available to meet your specs as well.