mh13021

Picture in Picture question.....

Im am looking to see if it is possible to put a picture in a picture for recording. The larger video would be of a piece of equipment and the PIP video of a panel(guages,etc).

I have the ability to monitor with the PIP but not to record.

Now I know there is hardware present to allow this but it is $700 bucks or so. Is there any other option?

Thanks for the response.

- Marty

I would just look on ebay for a cheap second hand multiplexer that has picture in picture. I paid about 20 uk pounds for a robot mvp16 multiplexer that has picture in picture capability. There are probably loads of second hand devices going cheap with pip....

I would just look on ebay for a cheap second hand multiplexer that has picture in picture. I paid about 20 uk pounds for a robot mvp16 multiplexer that has picture in picture capability. There are probably loads of second hand devices going cheap with pip....

Thank you.

You are correct! I found exactly what I am looking for. Made by AVE, a Quarter Quad PIPC. I bought it for $40 bucks - used.

Thanks again.

- Marty

PIP is often used in video conferencing system. so video conferencing terminal can offer digital pip for recording. when you read the history record, one or two video could display synchnoronously in the client or media player. It is a digital video different from the anolog video of multiplexer.

But the terminal is a little bit expensive, if you want to record and display PIP in the same time, even with audio. Used one is more cheaper of course.