captain001

any info or suggestions on viewing avc760 dvr on a cellphone

I have a avc 760 dvr and would like to view it on a smartphone. Any advice as to what phone would work the best and easy to use, if it even can be done?

I had the 761 and I had it working with 2 of my phones. There is a program called EagleEyes. There is a Java based version that worked on my Motorola SLVR phone (not really a smart phone at all), and the CAB version worked on my ATT phone with WinCE on it. It works pretty well, and will control PTZ cameras.

You can get it at: http://211.22.74.18/

Dave

Captain001,

Does your DVR use Video Server E, or does it use Video Viewer?

AVC 760 = Video Server E

AVC 760A = Video Viewer

DaveM I wanted to ask the same question.

I am trying to keep track of which phones work with which DVRs, and which software such as eagle eyes, or GPRS/3G ect.

AVC 760 should work with most phones.

AVC 760A is the one that is giving me the most troubles.

Mine was the 761 that worked with "E" (actually the CPCam 562). It had the IDE drives. The SLVR used the 3G software if I remember right.

I have video viewer, at least that is what the icon says on my desk top, could I install video server, I don't know the differance between them.

Captain001

Video Viewer S came out first. When they came out with a new series of DVR models then they came out with Video Server E.

Recently they came out with a newer set of DVRs which we call the A models.

The older DVRs used JPEG over the internet, and the A series uses MPEG over the internet.

You can use Video Viewer to view older model DVRs that use Video Server E. You cannot use Video Server E to connect to newer model DVRs.

DaveM

I have not seen this manual for PDA.

Thanks for the Link!!!

I will be posting that on my website for others!

I have loaded the manual on this page with the other manuals that I have.

http://scorpiontheater.com/pda.aspx

The does manual makes sense to me.

I have seen some parts of these menus, but since my phone did not work I have not seen all of those menus.

I get the sys login, and I get the OK, but I do not see the streaming page.

Wow, My head is starting to spin. So if I get a phone that is a GPRS/3g and download the GPRS/3g software, It should work with my videoviewer? I can tell you that I'll be using verizon's service if that helps. Could you recommend a lower cost phone? This might sound dumb but if I can remote view from another computer with IE would a phone with IE not work? There must be something differant with a phone? Thanks much for all the help.

Try to put the software on to the phone before you buy it.

If it works then it is a deal. Why buy a phone that will not work?

in some cases the software will not matter if the carrier is blocking the codec. we have already run into this with our apps and have had to do workarounds. a real pita in some cases.

try to change the port of the AVC760AS to three digit port like 888. i tried using port 80 ( two digit port) and it doesn't work. using port 888 works fine.

I am using a 4 digit port but still no luck with any phones. I tired to use opera lite and got to my log in but and error came up and said the server requested a login authentication method that is not supported.