fabiomal

DVR control protocol

Hi everybody,

recently I developed an application for display live images from two different DVR. Some cameras are PTZ cameras and I move that with keyboard (+ joystick) who runs standard pelco-D protocols. Obviously the keyboard is connected directly to the camera and does not interact with the software that I created.

What I want to do is realize interaction between keyboard and my software in order to unify the management of the plant. I would also implement a number of advanced features such as display a single (or group of)camera full screen by a button sequence independent of the DVR to which the camera is connected.

The keyboard I use runs Pelco-D and Pelco-P protocol. Listening port 485 of the keyboard, I noticed that the pressure of the number keys do not generate output in a sequence of data, but simply change the internal ID of the keyboard so that successive commands are sent to that particular device. I need a keyboard (or protocol) that can generate a sequence of data to the pressure of the number keys (and function), so that through my software can interpret them and implement what you need to do.

I know that some joystick+keyboard interacts directly with DVR. What protocol uses these keyboard?

Where I can found these protocols?

Tks