Canderson

IP Camera & Motorized Zoom Megapixel Lens

Hello All,

I have been searching for the last couple of days without a huge amount of information being found. What I'm trying to to is find some of the following:

Megapixel (1.3) Motorized Day/Night Lenses that go all the way up to almost 400MM. (tall order I know)

I have looked into some of the Tokina, Fujinon, Computar and other lenses but haven't seen anything completely obvious.

Also I wanted to discuss with the board, methods of controlling motorized zoom lenses and auto Iris for IP cameras. I know that many cameras have a DC or Video drive method to control the iris, however I am not having as much luck on the control of the motorized zoom with various types of IP cameras. I see that the Luminera cameras have some large format solutions which talk about motorized zoom, but not a lot of other information.

I had also looked into the possibility of running the lens control through a serial/IP server or video encoder, but still haven't found the answer i'm looking for.

Any info would be helpful, and please if you need further info from me let me know!

Thanks!

You might look at broadcast and pro equipment lenses for HD cameras. I don't think any manufacturer makes that specialized a product for CCTV yet. Maybe Canon, Fujinon or Computar broadcast divisions.

Keep in mind that a 400mm lens will have a LOT tighter field of view on a 1/2" sensor than on an APS-C or 35mm sensor. 400mm to a 1/2" 1.3MP camera is probably going to be something like 1200mm to an APS-C sensor (just a guess, without doing the actual math).