securelpb

Problems with AVC-761ASV

So I just got a brand new AVTech AVC-761ASV and I have seeing some very strange issues with it. The strangest by far is that the date is stuck between Feb 28 2028 2:26:25 AM and Feb 28 2028 2:26:59 AM. Nothing I do can change this. The normal onscreen method will blink when I try to update the date fields, but it will not change them. Using the web interface under config I can set the date to be correct and it will actually stay that way for about 10-15 seconds but then it switches back to Feb 28 2028 2:26:25 AM.

Another problem I am having is that I can not get the VGA port on the back to work. On my system it is labeled VGA (not D/V like some other models), so I expect it to work with a VGA monitor but I can't get a signal.

Has anyone seen this type of problem before? I'm wondering if it is physically messed up.

That is not a VGA port on the back. It requires and adapter and I have heard that leaving a monitor connected for any length of time will burn things out as it supplies power to the adapter.

Can you take it back to your dealer for warranty?

I do not know what problem you have.

You might try pulling the battery off the mainboard if it is out of date. It may be that the battery is not recharging, and that is the default date.

Usually we see a date time group with the year 2000 when that is the case.

It could also be the chip that the battery is working with to retain the date time group.

http://scorpiontheater.com/avtparts.aspx