paranoid

NV5000 Vertical hold ?

Hi all,

I put this in another thread but it may not get noticed and i need to fix this real soon.

I have the card set up and everything is working well except for the fact that all 4 cam signals are jumping vertically, I know for a fact that its not the cams, cables or connectors and I have now tried 3 different graphics cards and the problem is there all the time.

I cannot find any info relating to this on avers site and am out of ideas.

Can anyone help ?

This may help,

I have just tried switching the software to ntsc (i am pal here) and apart from the fact that it all goes monochrome and resized wrong, the picture on all 4 is 100% stable ??

Does this mean the problem is definitely the card or the cards software and not the host system ?

Thanks

What version of software are you using?

aver doesn't like to mention it, but the some of the nv software versions had that exact problem-- if i remember right, the systems that i saw it on had versions 5.1 and 5.7 software. if you upgrade to at least version 7.1, it should take care of the problem.

Thanks, i did solve it by using the latest software.

Unfortunately im now only getting a max 6 fps on each of 6 cams, im using the 4 ch extension and I should be able to get 12 fps across 8 cams.

After spending all this time I now wish i had bought a geo card, but there you go - we make our choices.