rory

Kalatel (GE) DVR

Man i just keep leaning back to them .. for high end apps ...

I can get write my own custom network software for high end clients ..

I can write my own Pocket PC application for it ...

Rock Solid non PC, non Linux RTOS ...

Power Ful Network Software- as far as RTOS DVRs go ..

Price isnt bad for what it is ...

A name that isnt going anywhere soon ...

Kalatel (GE) can definetely can do better, but ...

and this is also after programming a couple DMs over the past couple weeks .. including today ... they just dont compare to the Kalatels ... $2600 for a 6 channel Digital Sprite from DM ... darn!! And Kalatel kicks it to the floor on ease of use, features, and network software.

The Asian DVRs including RTOS Linux, PC based, XP embedded, etc, wont give me an activeX or SDK, plus price on the 120-240pps Stand alones are more or the same as the Kalatel DVRs ... but have those major drawbacks listed above.

Darnit ... one thing .. I want to write my own app so I can label it with my Companies name .. just the darn app, not even the DVR case .. but ..seems only Kalatel wants to do this for us ..at least in the line of DVRs that I have been investigating ...which are many ..

this doesnt mean I wont sell or use the others I have been looking at, just .. for high end apps, I need to be able to write my own apps .. just in case. This is where i have an edge over the competition .. without it ... why bother ..??

I know what you mean. Of the the reason I like the VPON. Don't even have to be a programmer, just a web designer.

Thinking about setting up a "digitronic network" where the customers do not need a static IP since the VPON's dynamic IP function is great.( sends the IP address every 10 min to a DDNS. Will get the 3 unit rack cases, lable it myself somhow and hopefully install a ton of them. It's all about marketing. Still learning that part.

March Networks SDK for their DVR's. Write your own software in any language and view video/audio/alarms/etc.

March Networks SDK for their DVR's. Write your own software in any language and view video/audio/alarms/etc.

but its not rtos embedded..?

Rory,

Do you have an SDK for the DVRMe? Looking to get video playback/searching into a custom app on my PC.

Duncan

What do you think about the Kalatel unit being phased out / eventually replaced by the new GE DVR line (SymDec)?

I know last year GE was pushing hard for all their customers to switch and to discontinue the Kalatel DVMRE but they seem to get stiff resistance.

What do you think about the Kalatel unit being phased out / eventually replaced by the new GE DVR line (SymDec)?

I know last year GE was pushing hard for all their customers to switch and to discontinue the Kalatel DVMRE but they seem to get stiff resistance.

They can do as they like, people will simply switch to another brand.