Sign in to follow this  
leadhead

Samsung 641 and Geovision with GV-NET

I am having trouble getting the PTZ to work between a Geovision with a GV-NET I/O card and a SAmsung 641. Everything seems to be set up ok but the PTZ won't move. I don't see anything in either manual that discusses COm Port settings yet I see them. Please help

Does the manual call out for the baud rate settings? If yes, then you need to set you software to transmit the control data via the com port you have selected. Connect the PTZ control wires to the comm port (RS485) to the com port your software is set to and adjust the baud rate to match the PTZ. Make sure your PTZ baud rate is set to match your software baud rate.

Some PTZ's are only programed via a special PTZ control keyboard or via PTZ "program". If you don't have the keyboard then you must use a software program to change the settings. Baud rates, camera emulation settings (Pelco D, ect.), are changed via dip switch setting on the PTZ camera itself.

just helped someone get one of these PTZ's working for a Dedicated Micros DVR.

using 1 pair wire for data (+ and -) the setting in the camera has to be the Samsung Protocol, 9600 baud, and Half.

If the DVR has Samsung Protocol set it all to Samsung.