ronhithcox

CNB cam losing focus at night

Camera is a CNB V-1810-NVR

camera has great daytime image, but as night approaches, image goes out of focus. the camera is an IR camera, but the camera goes out of focus long before the IR kicks on. there are 7 other cameras on this site...all same cameras...other 7 work perfectly. Any clues?

and does anyone out there have any expirence with "CNB"? this is the 2nd time I've installed this brand and had probs both times....maybe just my luck.

Thanks [/b]

You have to focus cameras that are subject to changing light conditions at night. The way lenses work is that with bright light, the focus is not at all critical. That is because the iris is closed under bright lighting. At night, the iris is open and the focus becomes more critical.

The next best way to focus a camera is to place a neutral density filter in front of the lens to allow the iris to fully open during the day. The filter must completely block the lens. A cheaper option is to use a #5 or #6 welding glass. You can obtain them at many welding supply stores.

Just hold the welding glass or filter against the lens while you adjust focus during the day. It works like a charm!

thanks so much, I will try this. I thought it was strange that the other cams were perfect, but I didnt have to adjust the focus on those as much as this one. thanks again !